Hyperkähler manifolds, K3 surfaces, Fano varieties, Calabi-Yau varieties, linear series.
Jarosław Buczyński (University of Warsaw and Polish Academy of Sciences) — coordinator,
Sławomir Cynk (Jagiellonian University in Cracow),
Tomasz Szemberg (Pedagogical University of Cracow).
The Targeted Grant to Institutes of Simons Foundation is administered at IMPAN (Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences). Also IMPAN provides further financial support for the activity. Supplementary funding is provided by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW)
The activities start in Warsaw on Monday April 18, 2016 (Sunday April 17th will be the default arrival day), and conclude with a closing conference in Będlewo (near Poznań).
Events and scientific activities
We plan to have an introductory school, then a workshop in the middle of the term, and conclude with a conference:
- 18-22 April 2016, Warsaw: Introductory school "Varieties of Calabi-Yau type (K3, Hyperkähler, Calabi-Yau)", Organisers: Lars Halvard Halle, Michał Kapustka, Oskar Kędzierski, Vladimir Lazić.
- 16-21 May 2016, Cracow: Workshop "Asymptotic invariants attached to linear series", Organisers: Jarosław Buczyński, Piotr Pokora, Sławomir Rams, Tomasz Szemberg.
- 12-18 June 2016, Będlewo: Conference "Varieties with trivial canonical bundles", Organisers: Paweł Borówka, Sławomir Cynk, Maria Donten-Bury, Grzegorz Kapustka, Sławomir Rams.
In between, there will be lectures, seminars and lecture series by the participants and short term guests (all in Warsaw). The tentative schedule of activities during the nine weeks of minisemester is presented here (note the public holidays on 2-3.05 and 26-27.05).
In publications an acknowledgement "This work was partially supported by the grant 346300 for IMPAN from the Simons Foundation and the matching 2015-2019 Polish MNiSW fund” would be appreciated.
Participants are also kindly asked to add a "Report number" to all publications posted on arxiv.org, which are related to participation in the mini-Semester on Algebraic Geometry in Warsaw 18.04-18.06.2016. The code to add is:
One can add this code:
1) upon a submission of the paper,
2) upon submitting a revision,
3) without changing the paper.
For 1), and 2), one just adds the report number as a part of Metadata.
For 3), in personal arxiv account, click "journal-ref" and add the code in the field "Report number".
The deadline for applications passed on 15 March 2016.
The application deadline for financial support passed on 15 February 2016.
Participants are encouraged to arrange visits to other Polish universities and institutes. Limited travel funding is designated for such visits, upon an approval by the organisers.
You can find some information about the Simons semesters here: